With thousands of years of history and development shaping modern China, there is plenty to discover in the country!
Come to China and live with a Chinese family for 3 to 12 months as an au pair! You will interact with the family and their children in English as well as tutoring the children with English homework and extracurricular reading activities. This is a fantastic opportunity to experience Chinese life and customs. Become part of a Chinese host family and share your culture and customs. With thousands of years of history and development shaping modern China, there is plenty to discover in the country. From idyllic scenery, abandoned palaces and active temples to modern cities with bustling entertainment industries and nightlife, China cannot be easily summarized. The best way to find out about the culture and learn the language of this vast country is to visit and become fully immersed in an area that interests you.
Cultural Ambassador Highlights:
- Work 35-40 hours a week, receive a monthly stipend of 1500 RMB.
- Receive 1 ½ days off per week
- Receive free Chinese language lessons throughout duration of stay
- Accommodation and meals (single room or separate apartment);
- Flight allowance;
- Basic health insurance and accident insurance;
- Chinese classes (2 or 3 times a week, 400 class hours a year);
- Monthly allowance 1500 RMB;
- Visa invitation and extension;
- Airport pickup;
- Cultural exchange events
- Be proficient in English
- Medical note;
- Police clearance certificate;
- Good sense of responsibility; patient and caring to children;
- Aged 18-29 preferred; and
- Active and demonstrate strong initiative.
How to apply:
To start your adventure, please forward your resume and contact information and we will reach out to you to review the program with you in detail. We will then schedule an in-person and/or video call interview. On completion of a successful interview, you will need to provide the following documents to complete your application package:
- Provide copy of passport
- Personal pictures (at least 1 full length photo and a passport sized photo)
- A “dear family letter”
- Two(2) written references complete with telephone numbers (include one non-family character reference and one non-family childcare reference)
- Complete a physician’s exam and have all the necessary vaccines
- Verification of education (diploma copy)
- Vulnerable criminal background check
Eric’s China experience!