Experience the historical and cultural sights of England, while enjoying the hospitality of a British host family!
We welcome you the opportunity to experience the wonderful historical and cultural sights of England, while enjoying the hospitality and comforts of a British host family. Families live in the busy residential suburbs, cities, towns and rural areas. You will of course have the opportunity to speak with the prospective family to discuss their position.
What can you achieve from your stay in Britain?
By living and working with a British host family, you have the opportunity of learning about the unique culture, and while caring for the host children, you can gain valuable experience in the art of child care. There are excellent shopping malls across the UK, together with an enormous variety of individual shops. You can also visit the antique fairs, craft markets, local art exhibitions, historical sites, gardens, castles and abbeys, the choice is endless. As well there is a wide variety of activities to choose from with many leisure, health and fitness clubs. Ask your host family for details of the sports centre nearest to your home. If you enjoy horseback riding, there are sure to be stables nearby as well. As an au pair you can have the chance to visit fascinating cultural places; with your new friends from around the world you can explore as much as you wish.
Au Pair or Mother’s Helper (note – Mother’s Helpers must have prior experience with childcare, for example babysitting )
- Work 40 – 45 hours per week, with 2 evenings babysitting per week
- Salary of approximately 80-130 GBP per week
Nanny (note – Nannies must have formal education or training in a childcare course)
- Work hours vary according to family. Hours agreed upon prior to job acceptance.
- Childcare, light housekeeping
- Salary of approximately 150-230 GBP per week
In all categories, salary is according to age, experience, and number of hours worked.
Application Requirements – Applicants must:
- Be between 18 and 30 years old (due to government visa regulations)
- Be able to provide childcare references
- Provide a clear criminal background check
To start your adventure, request and complete the application forms. The following forms are required:
- Completed application
- Minimum of two(2) Childcare and two(2) Character References (No references from family please)
- A friendly ‘Dear Family’ letter, giving details about yourself, your family, childcare experiences, hobbies, etc.
- A doctor’s note indicating that you are fit and well to work abroad
- Copies of your diploma (high school, college etc.) and any other training or recognition certificates
- Police check (from your local police station)
- Photos (we suggest photos of, photos of yourself with children and family, etc.). Color photocopies of photos are very acceptable.
Your chosen host family will be curious to learn to about your background and life at home. Please complete your forms as fully as possibly.