Benefits – Three options possible:
‘Au Pair Classique’: maximum of 30 hours per week, Pocket money of 320 Euros per month plus a Transport card. May be asked to babysit 2-3 evenings per week.
‘Au Pair Plus’: maximum of 35 hours per week, Pocket money of 400 Euros per month plus Transport card. May be asked to babysit 1-2 times per week.
‘Summer Au Pair’: pocket money of 274 Euros per month.
- Host family pre-arranges your language course with a local school (*courses not applicable for summer stays). The course is at own cost.
- Free room and board (the au pair has his/her own room)
- Two weeks paid holidays for a stay of 12 months, and one week for a stay of 6 months.
- National Health Insurance provided by the Host family
- In the case of Host family incompatibility, you can be placed with an alternate host.
Candidates must provide the following:
Please note that all application materials should be completed in French
- Completed application form,
- At least one childcare and at least one character reference (non-relative)
- Letter to Host family (describe your hobbies/talents, your family, childcare experience, and why you would like to be an au pair.)
- One or two pages of photographs (professional pictures, and those with children and family are best)
- Medical certificate (states that you are in good health)
- Copy of passport
- School or college diploma & transcript photocopy â€“ translated into French (i.e.. by your French teacher).
- Signed Accord de Placement
- Other documents maybe requested throughout the process, i.e. birth certificate, etc.
Complete all application materials, in French wherever possible, and submit to Scotia Personnel Ltd. Be sure to include your date of availability, the length of stay you would like, and a list of all child care related experience. Your file will be reviewed by potential Host families, and you will have the opportunity to speak with them directly, and the choice to accept or decline any position. Once you have accepted a position, the visa can be arranged between yourself and the host family; the host family will also pre-arrange your language course. This cost will be paid by the au pair. The agency will keep in contact with you throughout the process and assist wherever possible.