Iceland is an amazing country filled with beautiful nature, excellent food, and inspiring art and culture.
Iceland is a country of exciting contrasts. it is known as “The Land of Fire and Ice”, Iceland is home to some of the largest glaciers in Europe, and some of the world’s most active volcanoes. Iceland is also the land of light and darkness. Long summer days with near 24-hours of sunshine are offset by short winter days with only few hours of daylight. It has a fascinating and diverse culture and traditions.
Au pairs in Iceland Receive:
- 12.500 IKR min. (ca. US$160) per week in pocket money (subject to change, rate depends on exchange rate).
- Free room and board.
- 2 days off per week.
- One week off with pocket money for every 6 months completed.
- Support from the agency.
The Au Pair in Iceland team will:
- Carefully help choose a suitable host family for you.
- Support you if you need help during your stay.
- Provide you with an emergency number.
- Give you a list of au pairs in Iceland.
Qualifications and Conditions for Au pairing in Iceland:
- Have obtained secondary school/high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Have practical child-care experience.
- Want to stay with the family for 6-12 months, depending on the time of arrival.
- Be prepared to work 30 hours per week taking care of children and doing general household chores.
- Be 18 to 25 years of age.
- Enroll into Icelandic language course, which is compulsory, at the au pair’s expense.
Selection and Screening:
- Complete an application in English.
- Attach 1 passport size photos.
- Write a personal letter to your prospective host family; include your childcare experience.
Photos with family and children.
- Provide three references, written in English
- One reference at least, must be a child-care reference. The character references
should be from a teacher and / or an employer.
- Provide a criminal record check. Provide a copy of your school certificate.
- Send a copy of your passport.
Icelandic Northern Lights!