The contrasts of Japan are startling: see the large modern cities dazzle with bright lights and high-tech gadgetry and then explore the countryside towns and villages to see and experience the centuries-old Japanese culture!
Childcare Au Pair Highlights
- Providing childcare for a maximum of 35 hours per week (usually on a 6 hour daily basis)
- Dropping the children off and picking them up from school or activities
- Taking care of the children: supervision, games, meals, baths etc.
- Assisting in keeping the children’s rooms clean
- Participating in the daily housework
- The family may ask you for an extra 2 evenings of baby-sitting a week.
- Light housework for the family
- An individual room
- 3 meals per day
- Mealtime is not considered work time, except if you are alone with the children.
- Food is provided, however you may have to cook for yourself.
- A stipend of 10,000 yen per/week
- Health insurance in Japan
- A weekly day-off, usually on Sundays
- Two(2) weeks vacation (if you remain in Japan for 1 year period.)
(You are not entitled to any additional vacation time during your stay, however, an arrangement could possibly be reached between you and your family.)
Applicants must meet the following qualifications:
- Must be aged 18-30.
- Have childcare experience.
- Agree to commit to a full year’s stay in Japan and be prepared to provide up to 35 hours of childcare a week.
- Have interest in Japanese life-style and culture.
- Have completed secondary school education.
- Have no criminal record.
- Have a valid passport.
Japanese language courses are compulsory for all Au Pairs coming to Japan. The expenses for the courses will be paid by the Au Pairs. Au pairs will be assisted in finding affordable Japanese courses.
The travel costs are usually paid by the au pair herself/himself. If au pair wants a host family to bear a part or all of the costs, the au pair needs to ask and arrange with the family. Then the host family would pay back the travel costs when an au pair has successfully arrived and stayed with them for a part of the agreed time.
For additional information, please contact Scotia Personnel Ltd.
Note: Contents are subject to change.