Discover the Dutch Delights: Au Pair in Holland and Make Memories to Last a Lifetime!
The Duties of an Au Pair in Holland:
As an au pair in Holland, your responsibilities will primarily revolve around childcare. You will engage in activities with the children, prepare their meals, tidy their rooms, do their laundry, and accompany them to school or activities. Additionally, you may be asked to assist with small housekeeping tasks like laundry, shopping, or light cleaning. The typical working hours for an au pair are a minimum of 30 hours per week.
Welcome to the Netherlands:
Nestled in the north-west corner of Europe, the Netherlands is a charming country that offers a wealth of attractions within a relatively small area. From the vibrant capital city of Amsterdam to the historic sites of Den Haag and the modern seaport of Rotterdam, Holland is brimming with interesting cities and towns. Explore Utrecht, a central city known for its old university town ambiance, or venture to Groningen, a lively city with a vibrant university community in the north.
Embrace the opportunity to embark on an incredible journey as an au pair in Holland, where cultural exploration, warm hospitality, and unforgettable experiences await you. Discover the beauty of this vibrant country and create cherished memories that will last a lifetime.
The Au Pair will be available for max. 30 hours a week caring for the children, doing light housework and helping teach your native language to your host family.
- The Au Pair will be provided with free board and lodging
- Language class paid for by the host family (not applicable for summer au pairs)
- The Au Pair will be available for max. 30 hours a week, with 2 days off per week and once a month, a full weekend
- The Au Pair will receive € 300 pocket money per month for 30 hours per week
- An emergency number for the local agent is also provided upon arrival, and
- Holland office will provide the arriving au pair with a Welcome package, including a list of activities and contacts with other au pairs.
Application Requirements – Applicants must:
- Have earned a High School diploma or certificate
- Be of good character and have a clear criminal background
- Enjoy working with and have practical experience caring for children with references
- Be between 18 and 25 years old.
- Speak English
- Must agree to a one year commitment.
- Cannot have participated in an Au Pair program to the Netherlands before.
To start your adventure, request and complete the application forms. The following forms are required:
- Completed application
- At least two(2) childcare and at least one(1) character reference
- One (1) passport sized photo
- A friendly ‘Dear Family’ letter, giving details about yourself, your family, childcare experiences, hobbies, etc.
- A doctor’s note indicating that you are fit and well to work abroad
- School or college diploma
- Police check (from your local police station)
- Photos (we suggest photos of, photos of yourself with children and family, doing activitiies/hobbies, etc.).
- Photocopy of passport, and Photocopy of long Birth Certificate(must contain both parents names)